Incident Response Planning.
Cyber-attacks are varied, frequent, and constant.
While there is no substitute for prevention, having a structured plan on how to respond to a successful cyber-security incident can mean the difference between a successful recovery and business failure. Richardson & Richardson will help you implement an easy to comprehend strategy that allows you to respond to these ever-increasing events. It is no longer a matter of “if” your company will be affected by a cybersecurity incident, but rather a matter of “how” your business will be impacted.
A small business can still experience big impact from a cybersecurity incident.
We develop a plan around the single most likely technology hazard companies will have to deal with. As part of the planning process, Richardson and Richardson will walk you through what you need to do when you run into Ransomware, hacking, stolen data, or compromised accounts. The impact to your company reputation after a cyber-incident is an often-overlooked piece of incident response planning – how will you tell your clients, vendors and employees?
- Partners | With 20+ years of IT experience, Richardson & Richardson is uniquely qualified to assist organizations like your create incident response plans.
- Structure | We use an organized, agenda-driven process to cover your organization’s potential risks from technology use. Any company that uses technology in any way is a potential target for cyber-criminals to exploit – a structured mitigation plan can minimize the potential impact to your company and any company that interacts with you online.
- Perspective & Focus | Like all of the Richardson & Richardson offerings, we begin with a perspective-driven review of your current strategies, processes, and procedures around technology use and cyber-security.
- Actionable Reporting | Feedback is collected in a consolidated, action-driven report. This will help you understand the likelihood of an incident, the types of incidents that your company is vulnerable to, and will outline the steps required to provide better protection. No person, software or business can provide 100% protection against cyber-crimes. The best security posture still does not guarantee your business will be safe.
- Risk Mitigation | We can’t guarantee 100% protection, even if all steps to your plan are followed and all employees are compliant. Risk mitigation is our goal, and it includes ongoing review and consultation on how to mitigate the organization’s most critical risks in a vendor-neutral fashion.
What to expect
Part of our commitment to honesty is transparency. That’s why we want you to know exactly what to expect before choosing us to help your business.
- 1-hour discovery meeting with the client to scope engagement, review process, and create a calendar for assessment.
- Facilitated discovery session(s) around Business’ need set, including:
- Compliance Standards / Requirements
- Business Goals
- Shareholder Requirements
- Strategic Plan
- Technology Design and Needs of the business
- Implementation of an Incident Response Plan, crafted to meet the discovered needs.
- A consolidated, action-driven report on needed company actions.
- 90-minute mock incident session to test plan comprehension.